Looking for something thats simple to prepare and fast to cook, and best of all super healthy. What could be better than salmon marinated in a sticky Asian styled sauce. Sweet, wholesome and delicious!
Recipe made, photographed and curated by Jess Mc Arthur once again! Check out her blog for all things Food, wine and travel! – foodtravelwine.co.za.
SERVES 4 |COOKS IN – 20 MINUTES | DIFFICULTY – EASY
- 4 tbs soya sauce
- 2 finely chopped chillies
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 thumb of ginger, grated
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tsp Hoisin Sauce
- ¼ cup lightly toasted sesame seeds*
- 2 tbs Sesame oil
1. Defrost Salmon slowly at room temperature. Once they are completely defrosted, place them into a large Tupperware with a lid (just large enough to fit the 4 Salmon fillets).
2. *Add sesame seeds to medium hot non-stick pan. Shake continuously over the heat until golden.
3. In a bowl, mix all of the marinade ingredients. You can change the amounts to suit your own personal taste.
4. Allow the Salmon to marinade for up to 3 hours. Arrange on a clean baking tray and grill under a hot grill for 7-9 minutes, continuously watching that they don’t burn.
5. Serve with chopped spring onion and a green salad.
*Add sesame seeds to medium hot non-stick pan. Shake continuously over the heat until golden.