This incredibly versatile seafood taco recipe is an absolute delight, a light meal but packed with flavour! Prepared by one of SA up and coming chefs, Nic Moses who has worked at many of SA’s top 10 restaurants.
- 1 cup flour
- 10ml salt
- 10ml cayenne pepper
- 440ml beer
Tacos + Garnish
- taco shells
- 1 baby green cabbage
- 1 baby red cabbage
- 1 onion
- 300ml vinger
- 200ml sugar syrup
- 100ml water
- Kewpie mayo
- Mix 1 cup flour 10ml salt and 10 ml pepper and then slowly add the beer and mix until a thin batter is formed.
- Cover and rest in the fridge.
- Thinly slice onions and place to the side.
- Mix 300ml vinegar, 200ml sugar syrup and 100ml water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- When the liquid is boiling, pour over onion and leave in a bowl in the fridge to clean.
- Thinly slice cabbage and lightly dress with vinegar and salt.
- Preheat deep fryer to 180 degrees C and oven to 160C
- Place taco shells in the oven and bake for 3 min.
- Remove batter for the fridge. place fish strips, prawns or calamari in flour and then coat with batter.
- Fry for 2-4 min until golden brown
- Place cabbage, pickled onions and fish in a taco shell.
- Finish with kewpie mayo.
Optional : Sesame seeds/ coriander