This Thai inspired masterpiece allows you to experience every flavor palate. Great for the family and even better as leftovers.
Active Time: 50 mins Total Time: 1hr 35mins Serves: 4-6
- 20 Large Prawns, cleaned (in or out of shell, your choice)
- 2 medium Sweet Potatoes, diced into small blocks
- Vegetable oil to drizzle and roast
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Onion diced
- 2 Garlic cloves grated
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Dried Chili Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1T Thai Red Curry paste of your choice
- 1 t chili paste
- 1 thumb of Ginger peeled and grated
- 1 400g tin of chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tin coconut cream
- Zest and juice of 1 Lime
- Fresh Coriander Leaves, chopped
- plus fresh for garnish
Set oven to 200C. Place diced sweet potatoes in a roasting tray and drizzle with the oil and seasoning. Roast until tender and slightly charred, about 40 mins. While these are roasting, prepare the curry sauce. Add a glug of oil to a medium pot over a low heat. Fry onion and garlic, until soft and translucent, about 10mins.
While this is simmering, cook the prawns. Heat a splash of oil in a wok or large pan, and when this is hot, place the prawns flesh side down to cook. Do briefly on the wheel side.
Stir the lime juice and zest and coriander through the sauce. Add the cooked prawns and stir through the sauce.
Add the cooked sweet potato and stir gently. Serve garnished with the coriander.