Spicy Prawn Tacos With Avo, Salsa &
These tasty tacos are ready in under 30 minutes and are super healthy and delicious!
I simply couldn’t find the words to explain how incredible these tacos are. These shrimp tacos are spicy and delicious!
They are served with my favourite avocado salsa and topped with a creamy sour cream and cilantro sauce. The sour cream sauce is the perfect sauce for these tacos because it helps balance the heat and add a delicious flavour.
Active Time: 50 mins | Total Time: 1hr 35mins | Serves: 6
- 1 bag medium easy peel prawns peeled.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder optional
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- squeeze of lime optional
- 2 tomato seeded and chopped
- 2 avocado peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 2 Jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice from half a lime
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 12 small flour tortillas corn tortillas can also be used
To cook the prawns: In a medium bowl whisk together olive oil, garlic, cumin, chilli and onion powders, and salt. Add in the peeled prawns and toss to coat completely. Cover and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes or up to 24 hours (the longer the better!). Heat a large heavy-duty or cast iron skillet on high heat for 2 minutes. Add the olive oil and shrimp. Cook shrimp in a skillet over medium-high heat until pink and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Turn off heat and finish with a squeeze of lime (optional).
To make salsa: Combine tomato, avocado, Jalapeno, salt, pepper, lime juice, and cilantro in a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside. (If not using right away, place a piece of plastic wrap inside the bowl and directly on top of the salsa to prevent discolouration and refrigerate.)