This simple Italian Inspired dish uses fresh ingredients and fragrant basil to bring the whole dish alive. Its a Family favorite because its easy and quick to prepare.
Active Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 35mins | Serves: 4
- 1kg Argentinian prawns
- 375g Linguine (or any other pasta you would like to use)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 400g can of Italian cherry tomatoes in tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil leaves
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
Peel and de-vein prawns, leaving tails intact.
Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, until cooked through. Drain and run under warm water.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until the onion has softened. Add garlic and chilli. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add canned tomatoes and sugar. Bring to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add prawns. Let it simmer for another 5 minutes or until prawns are cooked through and tomato mixture has thickened and reduced. Stir in basil.
Add pasta to the prawn mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss to combine it all. Serve sprinkled with basil leaves.