This wonderful dish is terrific with creamy mashed potatoes or even a loaf of crusty bread to mop up the delicious sauce. A light and easy supper which will impress the fussiest of eaters.
SERVES 4 |COOKS IN – 15 MINUTES | DIFFICULTY – SUPER EASY
- 800g Caught Online Kingklip Fillets
- 40ml extra virgin olive oil
- 20g butter
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 140ml sauvignon blanc
- 250ml pouring cream
- 1 ripe lemon, wedged
- 20g fresh sage
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
For the Asparagus:
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 400g fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Cook garlic in butter for a minute, but do not brown. Add asparagus, and cook for 10 minutes, turning asparagus to ensure even cooking.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and add the olive oil and butter.
- Fry the kingklip fillets until golden brown and turn over, making sure to season.
- Deglaze the pan with the sauvignon blanc and allow to bubble and evaporate slightly, about a minute.
- Add the cream, garlic and half the sage and gently simmer for about 5 minutes. Squeeze the lemon wedges into the sauce and stir gently. Serve hot