- This Biltong comes whole, chopped into 6-8 roughly 15cm sticks.
- The biltong is wet, store in cool dry storage if a dryer biltong is wanted.
- Free-range & grass-fed beef. Meticulously cut and dried in house. Using a secret combination of spices and vinegar.
- FFMM biltong is free from gluten. But is however produced in a facility that works with gluten.
- All beef products will come vacuum-sealed and blast frozen. Delivered in a cooler poly box. Please keep frozen at -18C. Please do not refreeze once thawed
- Grass-fed and pasture raised 100% beef
- All Frankie’s beef is 100% certified free-range & grass-fed meats, ethically-sourced from small, independent local farms.
“Dry-aging is a skill. An art. A way of building flavour into meat before you even buy it. Any butcher proud of their work will preach about dry-aging. Naturally occurring enzymes break down carbohydrates and fats and convert them into amino acids and sugars. Which are delicious, people. Buttery, nutty, earthy. Delicious. Even sweet. You’ve heard of umami, right? Nothing explains umami like aged meat.“
Frankie’s beef has been dry aged for 28 days before processing. This ensures for better, deeper beef flavour and a more tender result once cooked.
We take our cold-chained process seriously! Why? Well we believe that its vital for e-commerce and delivery. How we achieve this? We blast freeze our meat, the same way that our seafood is frozen. We have learnt that this super-fast process ensures that bacteria has minimal time to develop and keeps produce fresh, as preserve nutrients in food.
We dry-aging works for freezing? The moisture of the meat has already been extracted in the 28 day dry-aging process. Normally when defrosting the moisture runs out of the meat, and when cooked – leaves a dry piece of meat.
Please note: For our halaal and Kosher customers – our seafood and meat are not processed and packaged in same facility. Unfortunately the beef is neither Halaal or Kosher certified.