Looking for something that’s full of flavour, and has some extra crunch – then this is the seafood dish just for you.
This recipe is created by Jess McArthur. Check out her blog: foodtravelwine.co.za – all things food, travel and wine. Enjoy with a cold glass of Sauvignon blanc!
- 4 Canadian sole ( +/- 180g each) from Caught Online
- 4 fresh lemons- zested and juiced.
- 200g raw polenta
- 200g grated hard cheese
- 1tbs Smoked Paprika
- 2 tbl Olive oil
- Spray and cook
- Butter for frying
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Large ziplock bag
1. Defrost Sole slowly at room temperature. Once they are completely defrosted, place into a baking tin and add lemon juice, lemon zest and olive oil. Marinade for 2 hours.
2. Add polenta, grated hard cheese, paprika and salt and pepper to a large ziplock bag. Shake the bag around to mix the ingredients.
3. One by one, add the sole to the bag to evenly coat with the crumb mixture. Place on a large, clean baking tray (spray and cook it first) and pop into the fridge for half an hour for the crumb to set.
4. Preheat your oven to 200’C. Heat butter in a large heavy based frying pan. One by one (careful not to remove the crumb with your spatula) fry each sole until golden on each side. Place all 4 into the baking tray and pop into the oven for +/- 10 mins to really crisp up. Keep an eye on them and take them out at your desired crispiness
5. Serve with Caught Online’s Lemon Butter sauce.