Linguine with tomatoes, greens, and prawns in a buttery sauce? What could go wrong. A quick and easy prawn and pasta dish, packed with flavour from the cheese and butter, perfect for creamy-rich lunch or dinner!
SERVES 4 |COOKS IN – 35 MINUTES | DIFFICULTY – EASY
- 450g of linguine (or pasta of choice)
- extra-virgin olive oil, 1 tbsp
- 400g peeled and deveined prawns (we recommend our 400g argentine prawns)
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, plus more for garnish
- 600 g halved cherry tomatoes
- 60 ml of white wine
- 240 ml double cream
- 1 lemon’s juice
- 150 g baby kale
- 50 g freshly Parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnish
- Freshly ground pepper
- Ground salt
- Cook linguine (or pasta of choice) till al dente in a large pot of salted boiling water according to package recommendations. Return the pasta to the pot, reserving 120ml pasta water.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the prawns with salt and pepper. Cook for 4 minutes, or until prawns are pink and cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside on a platter.
- In a separate pan, melt the butter, then add the garlic and chilli flakes and simmer for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan and heat for 3 minutes, or until they begin to soften. Add Salt & pepper to taste. Add wine and cook for 5 minutes, or until the wine has mostly reduced.
- Combine the double cream, lemon juice, and Parmesan cheese in a mixing bowl. Allow 5 minutes for the sauce to thicken.
- Combine the linguine, prawns, and greens in a large mixing bowl.and toss to evenly coat. Add more pasta water if the sauce is too thick.