- You will receive 2 x 250/280g portions of dorado
- Vacuum-packed individually
- Skin on
2 Dorado Portions | 500g Pack
Our Dorado portions are blast frozen at sea perfectly preserving their freshness from the day they were caught. Dorado is a longline-caught species found in the South-East Atlantic. Dorado is a delicately flavoured line fish sometimes referred to as the chicken of the sea, it is light and flakey with no bones making for easy eating. Order dorado portions online and get them delivered straight to your door!
Out of stock
Email when stock available
We delivery in Cape Town, Johannesburg, Durban and Pretoria. Delivery times, dates and prices vary from location. Please look at the delivery info page for a more detailed breakdown on these topics.
Your product will delivered in a polystyrene cooler box, which is use commonly in the seafood industry to maintain temperature and more importantly quality. This helps ensure a seamless, cold-chain delivery process.
Defrost before cooking. Dorado is the best candidate for a pan-dry and oven grill combo.
- We recommend that you always pat dry excess moisture from the fish. This step is very important as you will have to defrost your dorado before cooking, so getting rid of the excess water is essential as it affects how well your fish will brown.
- Your cooking oil needs to be very hot in the pan before adding the fish. This allows for quick and even browning of the outside of the portions.
- Once fish is in pan, let it sit and brown for 3 minutes.
- Preheat oven ahead of time so that it’s hot when you transfer the dorado directly from pan to oven. After 5 minutes in the oven, it’s el dante.
- We recommend adding sauce of your choice to compliment the flavour ( lemon and garlic is pairs the best in our opinion)
for more recipes on dorado have a look at our recipe page by clicking the link below!
Recommend for you
This piece of fish never disappoints. Firm, tasty and so delicious.
Your products are always of top quality! Excellent service, always on time, and packaging my portions separately on my request.
These were divine - haven't had Dorado for many years. Already bought more
To die for!!! Was amazing. So Fresh... straight from the sea onto my plate. Yummy
Just not my cup of tea
My first Dorado. Fresh as always from you guys, I just didnt like the taste, Dorado is a little but oily